This podcast is a recording of my keynote address at the TechForum Southwest conference sponsored by Technology and Learning on November 2, 2007. Schools need to change to better prepare students for the dynamic challenges and opportunities of the 21st century “flat world” highlighted by Tom Friedman in his book “The World is Flat.” The $1 million question is, “How?” In this session we’ll address practical ways educational leaders are supporting a constructive agenda for cultural change in schools using digital technologies as catalysts, levers, and amplifiers. Blogging, digital storytelling, social networking, and collaborative document authoring can play powerful roles in reshaping learning cultures while developing critical learner literacies mandated by the ISTE NETS. Differentiated strategies for supporting cultural learning change for teachers ranging from innovators/early adopters to late majority/laggards will be highlighted and explored. Together, we can “invent the future.”
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why I'm Switching from iPhone to Android (Part 1) - 2017
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Board Meeting Notes: 7 November 2011 - 2011
- Storychasing Times Square & Lady Liberty in NYC - 2011
- Photographic privacy is over - 2009
- Internet addiction a growing concern - 2009
- Gong Show dreams amidst amazing tales of Oklahoma and midwest history - 2008
- Podcast202: 21st Century Cartography by David Jakes - 2007
- USB thumb drive security issues - 2006
- Linux help - 2005
- Linux and WordPress - 2005