Friday morning after Thanksgiving day Kevin Honeycutt and I spent some time “in the carpool” via Skype discussing educational technology tools for which I am thankful and other topics. Kevin’s description of the skypecast conversation is:
In this carpool, Wesley Fryer shares some of the tech tools he is thankful for. Besides being back in the driving questions truck, (recently out of the shop with a new engine) spending time with Wesley is one of the best things that’s happened lately. Wesley talks about the value of voice thread as a creative, collaborative tool. We discuss the value of the opportunity to work directly with kids and the value of lighting fires by doing projects that really count. Wesley is about making human, relevant connections in making the case for technology in schools.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Video Production Class Links & Resources - 2015
- The joy of organizing iPad apps in folders (iOS 4.2 update) - 2010
- I've Got a Feeling we'll see more Lip Dubs like this one - 2009
- Five more K12Online09 Teaser Trailers! - 2009
- Podcast207: An Inspirational Message from Songwriter, Musician and Educator Monte Selby - 2007
- Podcast206: Inventing The Future: Safely Empowering Learners in the Read/Write Society (ODLA 2007) - 2007
- The Wii redefines interactive gaming! - 2006