I am a vocal advocate for web-based social bookmarking. My latest article for the TechEdge is titled “Social Bookmarking 101,” and in my morning workshop yesterday in Richardson, Texas (“Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning”) my top recommendation for participants following the session was to play, explore, and begin using del.icio.us social bookmarking as they “work the web” on a daily basis.
Given the high value I place on social bookmarking, I was delighted to learn about the free service AddThis today. I learned about it when I clicked an “AddThis” bookmarking link on NewsOK.com. Rather than limit your blog or website users to using a single social bookmarking site, AddThis supports multiple sites and lets visitors select the one they want. I installed and activated the AddThis WordPress plug-in and whoa-la, a new “bookmark this” icon is available at the end of all my posts to facilitate social bookmarking by visitors. Very cool.
After you register for a free account, you can (if you don’t want to or can’t use the WordPress plug-in) generate HTML code to insert into your blog or other site post template, so the “AddThis” bookmarking button will appear on all your posts.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great Posts on Interactive Writing (Blogging) - 2013
- Free Webinar: Mobile Writing on the Go with KidBlog and WordPress - 2013
- Increasing STEM Interest via College Visits & Reflections - 2011
- TEDxOKC Self-Nomination: Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook - 2010
- Will Operation Chokehold Bring the AT&T Network to its Knees Friday? - 2009
- Dickens and more: Free eBooks on the iPhone - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication Ceremony Videos - 2007
- K12Online07 recommendations for Bud's Peer Teacher - 2007
- Making learning relevant - 2006
- Shining lights, finding nuggets, adding tools - 2006