This podcast is a recording of my presentation on January 31, 2008, at the MidWinter Conference of the OU K-20 Center held in Norman, Oklahoma, on the campus of the University of Oklahoma. Most Oklahoma school districts censor and filter Internet content more strictly than the communist government of China. It is very important to protect students from objectionable content on the Internet as well as our school districts from liability risks, but it is also critical that we provide more open access to learners of all ages who are the digital netizens of the 21st century. In this session we will explore practical ways school district leaders in Oklahoma and elsewhere are providing differentiated Internet access for teachers and students, encouraging cultures of accountability and responsibility when it comes to the use of digital resources, and helping learners develop capacities for media literacy as well as the ethical use and creation of media resources.
- Presentation slides and the outline for this presentation are available on teachdigital.pbwiki.com/balancing.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- EdTech Situation Room on Wednesday Nights - 2016
- MinecraftEDU Tips: An iPad Narrated Slideshow Created with @HaikuDeck & @ExplainEvrythng - 2014
- OKC #wordpress Users Group Meetup Notes: Jan 2011 #okcwp - 2011
- Fotopedia Heritage for iPad #edapps - 2011
- Martin Institute's Spring Feast Conference in Memphis: 3-4 Feb 2011 #micon - 2011
- Interactive Digital Native Map and the What's Your Issue Videography contest - 2010
- Audio and Video Sync Problem with QuickTime Player 7 YouTube Upload - 2010
- PollEverywhere supports poll grouping - 2010
- Podcast223: Strengthening America's Foundation in STEM Education by Dr. Steven Beering - 2008
- Podcast222: Using Technology for Building Learning Communities by Alan November - 2008