My apologies that my scheduled session broadcasts over Ustream did not happen today at COSN. The sessions were held in the basement of the Hyatt hotel, where unfortunately there was not any cell phone data network coverage or service. Wired Internet connections were provided at sessions, but apparently the network at the hotel is configured to block ports used by Ustream for broadcasts. We never could get a computer to actually “connect” to a Ustream channel room for a broadcast.
We did, however, record both sessions with audio, and Steve Hargadon recorded my session on copyright with video as well. It was great to finally meet Steve in person! My session on Cell Phones for Learning was well attended but fast: Just a 15 minute demo session. That was probably the fastest conference presentation I’ve shared to date!
My son helped me with some audio recording, and he recorded the session “Unleashing the Transformational Power of One-to-One Computing in K-12” with permission from the panelists to share it later as a podcast. That panel included:
Leslie Wilson, President, One-to-One Institute (Moderator)
Chris Lehman, Principal, Science Leadership Academy, School District of Philadelphia, PA
Rae Niles, EdD, Director of Curriculum and Technology, Sedgwick Public Schools, USD 439, KS
Elaine Wrenn, Technology Coordinator, Echo Horizon School, CA
I’ll be posting that, along with several other recorded interviews from COSN here soon!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast451: SeeSaw, Enriched Assessment, Creating and Making with iPads - 2017
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google - 2016
- Workflow: Moderate Student Email-Posted Videos to YouTube - 2015
- No-Edit Audio Podcasting Videoconference (referenced links) - 2014
- A Story about Web Accountability and Club Penguin - 2013
- Brookstone Mini-Projector for iPhone4 - 2012
- All bloggers are not scrape blog pirates - 2011
- High Stakes Testing Must End in the USA - 2011
- Local Advocacy Update in Alabama by Bruce Ellard - 2011
- 2011 Alabama Legislative Session Update (10 March) - 2011