My apologies that my scheduled session broadcasts over Ustream did not happen today at COSN. The sessions were held in the basement of the Hyatt hotel, where unfortunately there was not any cell phone data network coverage or service. Wired Internet connections were provided at sessions, but apparently the network at the hotel is configured to block ports used by Ustream for broadcasts. We never could get a computer to actually “connect” to a Ustream channel room for a broadcast.
We did, however, record both sessions with audio, and Steve Hargadon recorded my session on copyright with video as well. It was great to finally meet Steve in person! My session on Cell Phones for Learning was well attended but fast: Just a 15 minute demo session. That was probably the fastest conference presentation I’ve shared to date!
My son helped me with some audio recording, and he recorded the session “Unleashing the Transformational Power of One-to-One Computing in K-12” with permission from the panelists to share it later as a podcast. That panel included:
Leslie Wilson, President, One-to-One Institute (Moderator)
Chris Lehman, Principal, Science Leadership Academy, School District of Philadelphia, PA
Rae Niles, EdD, Director of Curriculum and Technology, Sedgwick Public Schools, USD 439, KS
Elaine Wrenn, Technology Coordinator, Echo Horizon School, CA
I’ll be posting that, along with several other recorded interviews from COSN here soon!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast451: SeeSaw, Enriched Assessment, Creating and Making with iPads - 2017
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google - 2016
- Workflow: Moderate Student Email-Posted Videos to YouTube - 2015
- No-Edit Audio Podcasting Videoconference (referenced links) - 2014
- A Story about Web Accountability and Club Penguin - 2013
- Brookstone Mini-Projector for iPhone4 - 2012
- All bloggers are not scrape blog pirates - 2011
- High Stakes Testing Must End in the USA - 2011
- Local Advocacy Update in Alabama by Bruce Ellard - 2011
- 2011 Alabama Legislative Session Update (10 March) - 2011