This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared with approximately 300 eighth grade students in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, on March 26, 2008. Our topics were Internet safety and safe online social networking. I was the final speaker in Kingfisher for a day of presentations focusing on health and safety issues organized by the school counselors in Kingfisher and nearby school districts. It is quite challenging to address 300 eighth graders for almost an hour right after lunch, at the end of their learning day! (Note that in the introduction, the speaker erroneously stated I taught courses at Texas Tech University. That was incorrect. My only higher education teaching experience (to date) was for Wayland Baptist University in Lubbock, Texas.)
- Safe Digital Social Networking (my wiki resources)
- Internet Safety for Parents (my wiki resources)
- Videos related to Internet safety and social networking (scroll down the page)
- School Confiscates Cell Phones After Nude Photos of Junior High Girls Circulate (21 May 2008 – Galveston County, Texas)
- Kingfisher Public Schools (Oklahoma)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Feedback Wanted: ISTE13 Ignite - Open Doors for Students - 2013
- Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything - 2013
- Kevin Hodgson is the YODA of Stopmotion in the classroom - 2010
- Electrical outlets in demand - 2010
- Natural Learning: What Schools Don't Do by Steve Wycoff - 2008
- Online Safety: What every educator should know (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- Drupal for Education by John Jones - 2008
- LoTi: Elevating Expectations, Performance and Accountability - 2008
- Trends, Tools and Tactics for 21st Century Learning (keynote by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- links for 2008-06-12 - 2008