In less than two weeks, we’ll celebrate the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday in all 49 states of the United States, except Arizona. This tends to be a very common professional development day for U.S. teachers, I’ve found, and one for which I generally receive multiple presentation requests.
Due to a last minute schedule change, I am actually available to present a keynote, breakout session, and/or workshops on January 19th this year. If your school district or organization happens to be looking for a speaker for that day because of your own changed plans, please contact me as soon as possible via phone. My first suggestion for a keynote topic would be “Creating and Collaborating: The Keys to 21st Century Literacy,” which I shared at the MASSCUE 2008 conference. I’m certainly open to presenting on other topics too, however. 🙂
If you’re wondering, yes, the other people in the above photo are Alan November and Will Richardson. My wife snapped this at the Learning 2.0 Conference in Shanghai in September 2007, just prior to our opening panel discussion. I wish I had a more flattering photo of Alan and I together, but of the hundreds of photos my wife and I took that trip it’s the only one of Alan and I. Perhaps this means I need to attend BLC ’09 and ask Alan for another photo opportunity?
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Digital Literacy Challenge: Create an Information Filter Bot - 2017
- Application Deadline for ClassenSAS: Jan 23, 2015 - 2015
- Another Way to Create a New Posterous Account - 2013
- Playing with Collabracam for The Zebra Print Webshow - 2012
- Free iPhone Turn by Turn Driving Directions with Waze - 2011
- Implications of Radical Change to Cultural Access - 2010
- Yodler's Fondue: A Winter Family Favorite - 2010
- Evaluation of the Fluent News iPhone app - 2010
- IWB Workshops, Anyone? - 2010
- Google Sites is a great wiki and website builder - 2009