These are a few links and notes from “Teaching 2.0: Engaging the Interactive Generation” by Chris Moersch at NECC 2009. I did not attend this full session, but got in on the end.
Dr Chris Moersch on HEAT walkthroughs
– identifying similarities and differences
– summarizing and note-taking
– reinforcing effort and providing recognition
– homework and practice
– nonlinguistic representations
– cooperative learning
Digital Age Learning Best Practices
– promoting shared expertise with networked collaboration
– bolstering inquiry through student questions
– making authentic connections
Do we see HEAT taking place in the classroom?
Near the end of the session Chris showed the EduTopia video “Dollars and Sense: Kids Invest in Funds — and Their Own Future”
What continuous improvement plan are you using to promote digital age teaching?
may the LoTi be with you
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Maker Faire Kansas City 2014 Highlights - 2014
- Learning from Psy About Copyright and YouTube Takedowns - 2014
- Voices of #iste11 - Dr. Leigh Zeitz (Dr Z) on Digital Portfolios - 2011
- Steven Covey on Personal Leadership at #iste11 - 2011
- Unlocking Potential by Chris Lehmann #iste11 (notes & audio podcast) @chrislehmann - 2011
- Podstock 2010 will be here soon! - 2010
- Effective Leadership in an Era of Disruptive Innovation by Scott McLeod - 2009
- Best Practices for Encouraging Learning 24/7: Models that Work! - 2009
- 1:1 Laptops and Seamless Integration: Peek into the Frontier by Howard Levin - 2009
- Global Collaboration Buzzword or Educational Reality by Carol Anne McGuire - 2009