These are a few links and notes from “Teaching 2.0: Engaging the Interactive Generation” by Chris Moersch at NECC 2009. I did not attend this full session, but got in on the end.
Dr Chris Moersch on HEAT walkthroughs
– identifying similarities and differences
– summarizing and note-taking
– reinforcing effort and providing recognition
– homework and practice
– nonlinguistic representations
– cooperative learning
Digital Age Learning Best Practices
– promoting shared expertise with networked collaboration
– bolstering inquiry through student questions
– making authentic connections
Do we see HEAT taking place in the classroom?
Near the end of the session Chris showed the EduTopia video “Dollars and Sense: Kids Invest in Funds — and Their Own Future”
What continuous improvement plan are you using to promote digital age teaching?
may the LoTi be with you
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Maker Faire Kansas City 2014 Highlights - 2014
- Learning from Psy About Copyright and YouTube Takedowns - 2014
- Voices of #iste11 - Dr. Leigh Zeitz (Dr Z) on Digital Portfolios - 2011
- Steven Covey on Personal Leadership at #iste11 - 2011
- Unlocking Potential by Chris Lehmann #iste11 (notes & audio podcast) @chrislehmann - 2011
- Podstock 2010 will be here soon! - 2010
- Effective Leadership in an Era of Disruptive Innovation by Scott McLeod - 2009
- Best Practices for Encouraging Learning 24/7: Models that Work! - 2009
- 1:1 Laptops and Seamless Integration: Peek into the Frontier by Howard Levin - 2009
- Global Collaboration Buzzword or Educational Reality by Carol Anne McGuire - 2009