This evening at long last, I was able to corner my wife and son for a thirty minute interview about their experiences since this summer reading eBooks on the iPhone, iPod Touch, and Kindle. We webcasted this interview live over Ustream and archived it. We also discussed some of the differences between reading ebooks and listening to audio books.
They have both read about twenty ebooks (to date) on their respective devices. In addition to hearing from Alexander and Shelly, we skyped out to my dad in Kansas to hear about his recent experiences reading Dan Brown’s latest novel on an iPod Touch. I have shared and recorded webcasts using Ustream and Skype previously, but this was my first time to use a microphone setup with a local panel of speakers as well as Skype callers. I’ll share a subsequent post about some of my lessons learned from tonight’s webcast. The audio wasn’t superb, particularly at first, but I was able to make some adjustments which seemed to improve the quality as the webcast continued. I will most likely share this later as an audio podcast in my podcast channel. Please share any feedback on this conversation as comments here. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Give the Gift of Digital Security to Your Family - 2016
- Register for EdCampOKC 2016 Coming March 5th - 2015
- Exemplary MinecraftEDU Water Challenge Build - 2014
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery - 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- WordPress 2.9 adds image editing and video embedding via oEmbed - 2009
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007