This evening at long last, I was able to corner my wife and son for a thirty minute interview about their experiences since this summer reading eBooks on the iPhone, iPod Touch, and Kindle. We webcasted this interview live over Ustream and archived it. We also discussed some of the differences between reading ebooks and listening to audio books.
They have both read about twenty ebooks (to date) on their respective devices. In addition to hearing from Alexander and Shelly, we skyped out to my dad in Kansas to hear about his recent experiences reading Dan Brown’s latest novel on an iPod Touch. I have shared and recorded webcasts using Ustream and Skype previously, but this was my first time to use a microphone setup with a local panel of speakers as well as Skype callers. I’ll share a subsequent post about some of my lessons learned from tonight’s webcast. The audio wasn’t superb, particularly at first, but I was able to make some adjustments which seemed to improve the quality as the webcast continued. I will most likely share this later as an audio podcast in my podcast channel. Please share any feedback on this conversation as comments here. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Exemplary MinecraftEDU Water Challenge Build - 2014
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery - 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- WordPress 2.9 adds image editing and video embedding via oEmbed - 2009
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007
- Video to Flash format - 2006
- 21st Century Education reform - 2006