I learned this evening the latest version of WordPress (2.9) has added several exciting features, including built-in image editing (including cropping and image rotation) as well as video embedding from many popular video sharing websites using the oEmbed standard. I’m also enthused WordPress will now automatically check for plugin-in compatibility when upgrading plug-ins. Plug-in conflicts can be a real headache, and this new feature should be a BIG help to those WordPress users (like yours truly) who use a large number of plug-ins.
I’m eager to give this version a try… I’ve been a bit slow to update my blogs from 2.8.4. These new features will, I predict, give me more motivation to get those WordPress blogs upgraded! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Give the Gift of Digital Security to Your Family - 2016
- Register for EdCampOKC 2016 Coming March 5th - 2015
- Exemplary MinecraftEDU Water Challenge Build - 2014
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery - 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Discussing eBooks, the Kindle, and the iPhone Amazon Application via Ustream - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007