StoryPatch is a $5 iPad application designed to help students create stories. It looks very similar to StoryKit, which is a free iOS app from the International Children’s Digital Library. Instead of simply letting users add their own photos with text and audio, however, StoryPatch appears to be loaded with different icons and digital objects which students can utilize to create their own stories. According to the StoryPatch website:
Story Patch is a beautiful new application now available for the iPad that allows your children to tell stories in a fun and intuitive way. Story Patch includes hundreds of illustrations and an easy to use interface that makes storytelling a breeze for kids. If you have a child that loves being creative, take a look around and we think you will agree that Story Patch will make a great addition to your software library.
This two minute video is a demo of StoryPatch.
Hat tip to Toby Price for sharing this app via his LiveBinder, “Apps for kids with developmental delays.”
Have you used StoryPatch? If so, what are your impressions?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Good Fair Use Copyright Example in School: "Communities" and The Lion Sleeps Tonight - 2020
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Visualizing Sharing #edushare - 2012
- Podcast370: Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- To what countries have you Skyped? (from Mississippi) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010