Please shed some light on this TwitPic mystery if you can.
A month or so ago, my mom (who subscribes to my TwitPic account feed in her news reader) told me some strange photos were showing up in my stream. I tried to replicate what she was seeing and couldn’t. The strange photos were not showing up on the webpage for my TwitPic account, just in my feed. A few weeks ago when I was back in Kansas, I helped her unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the feed. That seemed to remove the strangely appearing pics.
Today, however, I saw that a photo I DID NOT TAKE showed up in my TwitPic feed and auto-posted to my Facebook page. Thank goodness this wasn’t an inappropriate photo!
The questions are:
- Who in the world is in this photo?
- How did this photo get included in my TwitPic photo stream?
- How can I stop this from happening again in the future?
For now, I’ve deleted this auto-crosspost authorization from my TwitterFeed account. That will stop these mysterious pics from showing up on my Facebook wall. It will not, however, stop these photos from showing up in my TwitPic photo stream. I didn’t have any luck looking for answers via Google or in the official TwitPic FAQ.
If you have ideas how to address this (in addition to changing my Twitter password) please let me know. I’m submitting this as a new TwitPic helpdesk ticket and will post the results of what I learn here in hopes it will help others who also run into this problem. I’m sure I can’t be the only TwitPic user facing this.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast406: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008
- Beware the dangers of multi-tasking - 2007