Please shed some light on this TwitPic mystery if you can.
A month or so ago, my mom (who subscribes to my TwitPic account feed in her news reader) told me some strange photos were showing up in my stream. I tried to replicate what she was seeing and couldn’t. The strange photos were not showing up on the webpage for my TwitPic account, just in my feed. A few weeks ago when I was back in Kansas, I helped her unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the feed. That seemed to remove the strangely appearing pics.
Today, however, I saw that a photo I DID NOT TAKE showed up in my TwitPic feed and auto-posted to my Facebook page. Thank goodness this wasn’t an inappropriate photo!
The questions are:
- Who in the world is in this photo?
- How did this photo get included in my TwitPic photo stream?
- How can I stop this from happening again in the future?
For now, I’ve deleted this auto-crosspost authorization from my TwitterFeed account. That will stop these mysterious pics from showing up on my Facebook wall. It will not, however, stop these photos from showing up in my TwitPic photo stream. I didn’t have any luck looking for answers via Google or in the official TwitPic FAQ.
If you have ideas how to address this (in addition to changing my Twitter password) please let me know. I’m submitting this as a new TwitPic helpdesk ticket and will post the results of what I learn here in hopes it will help others who also run into this problem. I’m sure I can’t be the only TwitPic user facing this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008