These are the presentation slides I’ll be using in Monday’s presentation, “Smart Networks,” at the the 14th Annual August Institute, “Technology Runs Through It” conference at the University of Montana in Missoula. The official conference “blurb” for this session is:
Strategies to support a web-based learning environment such as filtering, infrastructure, bandwidth and safety issues. What are the considerations needed to write policy and acceptable use guidelines that support a web based – web 2.0 learning environment? Policy and recommendations for using handhelds and social networking in the k-12 learning environments from an administration perspective.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create and Share InfoPics to Show What You Know - 2017
- Podcast407: Educreations in Your Classroom: Use Narrated Slideshows to Enhance Learning by Jamie Reynolds and Amy Paden - 2013
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- iPhone Videography from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008