Tomorrow on Saturday, October 22, 2011, I’ll be joining over 1000 educators from around the United States (and probably some other countries) in the Fall 2011 Discovery Educator’s Network Virtual Conference: Tech or Treat!
I’ll be sharing a spotlight session at 1 pm Eastern / noon Central / 11 am Mountain / 10 am Pacific on “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.” In the spirit of the webinar’s theme, “Tech or Treat,” I’ll be offering both during my session. If you want to peek, check out slide 11 or 85 of my presentation slides on SlideShare. The offer expires midnight Eastern time on Sunday, October 23rd!
The links within the SlideShare above should be “clickable” in your web browser. Additional links and resources are available on my handouts wiki. Please join the DEN Tech or Treat fun tomorrow! (Registration is FREE and it’s not too late.) Follow the public backchannel with the Twitter hashtag #denvirtcon. (Originally I thought the hashtag was “tech treats,” but I was wrong.)
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- NetPotential 2011 Conference Notes - 2011
- One of my favorite Oklahoma Classroom Blogs - 2011
- A touching story about Dad, the hero - 2009
- Visualizing social media publishing - LIVE - 2009
- Getting Started with Oral History Interviews - 2008
- Research-based suggestions for the digital storytelling process - 2008
- Professional development submission requests integrated in K12Online08 blog - 2008
- U.S. Citizens: Contact your elected officials about Change Congress - 2008
- Beyond the digital native / immigrant dichotomy - 2006
- IE7 for Windows and Vista / Open Source reflections - 2006