I’ve created a new page on my blog which I’ve titled, “Essential Media.” This is linked under the drop-down menu for “Resources” at the top, but if you’re viewing my site on a mobile device you may not see that link. I encourage you to visit and bookmkark/save it. At this point, here’s what I’m starting with on that page. I’ll add more resources to the page in the weeks and months ahead as I find media resources worthy of inclusion!
CURRENT TEXT, LINKS AND MEDIA ON “ESSENTIAL MEDIA” (24 Feb 2012)
The following links are free audio podcasts and videos which I consider “essential media” for educators. Whether you are an in-service educator, a pre-service educator, a university professor selecting content to include in your courses, or simply someone looking for great ideas and inspiration on the topics of education and learning: These are “iReading” media files you SHOULD “consume” (listen to, watch and/or read) and share. If you have others to add to this list, please share them as comments.
- Meaningful, Engaged Learning and Projects4 Me by Mike Muir (Seedlings audio podcast, 13 Feb 2012)
- A Teacher Starts a Movement — The Story from APM (28 Nov 2011)
- Sharing: The Moral Imperative by Dean Shareski (K12Online 2010 PreConference Keynote)
- Open Education & The Future by David Wiley (from TEDxNYED on 6 Mar 2010)
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Social Media Consulting Services - 2012
- Surviving Dachau, Liberating Mauthausen - 2011
- Podcast373: Innovation, Creativity and Future Schools - 2011
- Erewhon, Mt Sunday (Edoras) and the Rangitata Valley - 2009
- EETT Funding (Title IID) Updates - 2009
- Advocating for differentiated content filtering - 2008
- Here come Star Trek communicators - 2007
- Self-promotional video is instructive on different levels - 2007
- Firewire over IP and Target Mode - 2004
- Eminem's lawsuit, intellectual property, and greed - 2004