I’ve created a new page on my blog which I’ve titled, “Essential Media.” This is linked under the drop-down menu for “Resources” at the top, but if you’re viewing my site on a mobile device you may not see that link. I encourage you to visit and bookmkark/save it. At this point, here’s what I’m starting with on that page. I’ll add more resources to the page in the weeks and months ahead as I find media resources worthy of inclusion!
CURRENT TEXT, LINKS AND MEDIA ON “ESSENTIAL MEDIA” (24 Feb 2012)
The following links are free audio podcasts and videos which I consider “essential media” for educators. Whether you are an in-service educator, a pre-service educator, a university professor selecting content to include in your courses, or simply someone looking for great ideas and inspiration on the topics of education and learning: These are “iReading” media files you SHOULD “consume” (listen to, watch and/or read) and share. If you have others to add to this list, please share them as comments.
- Meaningful, Engaged Learning and Projects4 Me by Mike Muir (Seedlings audio podcast, 13 Feb 2012)
- A Teacher Starts a Movement — The Story from APM (28 Nov 2011)
- Sharing: The Moral Imperative by Dean Shareski (K12Online 2010 PreConference Keynote)
- Open Education & The Future by David Wiley (from TEDxNYED on 6 Mar 2010)
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Social Media Consulting Services - 2012
- Surviving Dachau, Liberating Mauthausen - 2011
- Podcast373: Innovation, Creativity and Future Schools - 2011
- Erewhon, Mt Sunday (Edoras) and the Rangitata Valley - 2009
- EETT Funding (Title IID) Updates - 2009
- Advocating for differentiated content filtering - 2008
- Here come Star Trek communicators - 2007
- Self-promotional video is instructive on different levels - 2007
- Firewire over IP and Target Mode - 2004
- Eminem's lawsuit, intellectual property, and greed - 2004