This fall will be a big first for me as an educational entrepreneur. For the first time, I’m going to pay for some 30 second advertising spots on local Oklahoma City radio stations for “iPad with Wes” productivity app workshops I’m offering on Friday, September 14th and Friday, November 2nd. Last week I met with Nick Nicoll who works with KMGL (Magic 104.1), KOMA (92.5), KRXO (107.7), and KOKC (News/Talk 1520). Nick provided great suggestions for me, and has worked up several different pricing schedules which I’m going to see next week. For my limited budget, it sounds like putting my ads on the air the week prior to my Friday workshops will be best. I think we’ll start on Sunday and air the ad multiple times per day on the days leading up to the workshop.
I learned from Nick that a 30 second radio ad is usually no more than 90 words. The radio station will record my ad spot for no additional charge, so the actual radio ad won’t be in my own voice. (Which is probably very good!) Here is the draft text of my first radio ad, along with an AudioBoo recording I made to check timing. My recording was 35 seconds long, so we may have to cut some text. I’m quite enthused to see if radio advertising in mainstream media can bring more people to an “iPad with Wes” workshop!
Do you have an iPad? Do you want to learn how to become more productive with your iPad? If so, attend the upcoming “iPad With Wes” workshop in Oklahoma City on Friday, September 14th. This full day, “bring your own iPad” workshop will be led by Dr. Wesley Fryer, an Oklahoma teacher and Apple Distinguished Educator. Learn more and register by visiting ipadwithwes.com.
You’ve invested in an iPad, now it’s time to invest in professional learning time for yourself! Registration is just $99, but space is limited. Visit ipadwithwes.com today!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- RATs, WebCams & Online Predators: More Reasons to Ditch Windows-based PCs Forever - 2013
- Ways to Subscribe to a Blog in Google Reader on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch - 2011
- Watch Flash Videos & Play Flash Games on iOS Devices - 2011
- Multiple Choice Testing on an iPod Touch with NearPod - 2011
- Do You Realize? (21st Century Education in New Brunswick, Canada) - 2010
- A gaggle of AudioBoos from the Oklahoma City Zoo - 2009
- MNet Social Safety Resources - 2008
- Podcast180: Conversations about Digital Social Networking and Internet Safety - 2007
- Download offline copy of a VoiceThread digital story? - 2007
- Fun with 43 places, 43 things - 2005