Yesterday at the start of day 2 of our iPad Media Camp I demonstrated an “Ignite” style presentation for participants. Ignite presentations are similar to the Pecha Kucha model, except only 15 slides are used and each is shown for just 15 seconds. (Pecha Kucha’s have 20 slides for 20 seconds each.) I recorded the audio of my presentation on my iPhone using the free iTalk Recorder app, and then uploaded both the slides (which I created with Haiku Deck for iPad, also free) and the audio to SlideShare. This is a 3 minute, 52 second presentation. I’d love any feedback you have on this, I’m scheduled to share it in San Antonio on June 23rd at the ISTE Conference Welcome and Opening Ignite Session.
I love how Haiku Deck includes attribution images for Creative Commons images on each slide at the bottom! See my previous post, “Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything” for additional ideas about narrating presentations with Haiku Deck, along with the “Narrated Slideshow / Screencast” page of Mapping Media to the Common Core.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning about Digital Videography from Jim Sill - 2014
- Amazing Perspective in GoPro Videos - 2014
- Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything - 2013
- Kevin Hodgson is the YODA of Stopmotion in the classroom - 2010
- Electrical outlets in demand - 2010
- Natural Learning: What Schools Don't Do by Steve Wycoff - 2008
- Online Safety: What every educator should know (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- Drupal for Education by John Jones - 2008
- LoTi: Elevating Expectations, Performance and Accountability - 2008
- Trends, Tools and Tactics for 21st Century Learning (keynote by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008