Yesterday at the start of day 2 of our iPad Media Camp I demonstrated an “Ignite” style presentation for participants. Ignite presentations are similar to the Pecha Kucha model, except only 15 slides are used and each is shown for just 15 seconds. (Pecha Kucha’s have 20 slides for 20 seconds each.) I recorded the audio of my presentation on my iPhone using the free iTalk Recorder app, and then uploaded both the slides (which I created with Haiku Deck for iPad, also free) and the audio to SlideShare. This is a 3 minute, 52 second presentation. I’d love any feedback you have on this, I’m scheduled to share it in San Antonio on June 23rd at the ISTE Conference Welcome and Opening Ignite Session.
I love how Haiku Deck includes attribution images for Creative Commons images on each slide at the bottom! See my previous post, “Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything” for additional ideas about narrating presentations with Haiku Deck, along with the “Narrated Slideshow / Screencast” page of Mapping Media to the Common Core.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything - 2013
- Kevin Hodgson is the YODA of Stopmotion in the classroom - 2010
- Electrical outlets in demand - 2010
- Natural Learning: What Schools Don't Do by Steve Wycoff - 2008
- Online Safety: What every educator should know (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- Drupal for Education by John Jones - 2008
- LoTi: Elevating Expectations, Performance and Accountability - 2008
- Trends, Tools and Tactics for 21st Century Learning (keynote by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- links for 2008-06-12 - 2008
- Podcast256: Internet Safety and Safe Social Networking Presentation for Kingfisher 8th Graders - 2008