These are the slides I’ll be using for the opening keynote tomorrow at the 2013 TechKnowledgey Conference at the University of Montana in Missoula, sponsored by Blackfoot Telecom and Western Montana CSPD. The presentation includes quite a bit of new content for me, and I’ve titled it, “Welcome to Hogwarts.”
The description I included on the SlideShare is:
As exponential digital changes continue to transform the ways people communicate around the world, we are challenged as educators to consider not only how we help students learn but “toward what ends” we help students learn. The goals of this presentation were to challenge audience members’ ideas about both school and learning, inspire attendees to “do magic” with technology and students, and persuade educators to radically create and share.
This presentation is scheduled to start at 8:30 am Mountain time on Wednesday, August 7th, and it will be streamed live as a videoconference via VisionNet. I’m not sure if a web stream will be available but I think it might, follow the Twitter hashtag #mtedtech for updates in the morning if you’d like to tune in. I’ll also audio record the session for later sharing as a podcast.
Let the magic begin!
by Wesley Fryer
Links to all the breakout sessions and workshops I’ll be offering this week in Missoula are available on wiki.wesfryer.com.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Training and Learning Opportunities in Oklahoma - 2014
- Distressed Over the Rising Costs of College (and other things) - 2014
- More Than One Way to Orbit in Scratch - 2013
- Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012) - 2012
- Mobile E-Book Options for "On-the-Go" Readers - 2012
- Digital Textbooks using iBooks (August 2012) - 2012
- More Highlights from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Include Geo Location Info for iPhoto Exported Flickr Images - 2011
- MediaWiki spam cleanup recap and tutorial - 2010
- Podcast326: Reflections on the Google Teacher Academy - Boulder, Colorado - 2009