This evening in Galena, Illinois, I shared how wonderful the Mobile Learning Conference was several weeks ago in Tucson, as well as the other conferences sponsored by the Arizona K-12 Center. These conversations reminded me of the fantastic 3.5 minute video which the center put together several years ago. This is one of the most powerful and effective videos I’ve ever seen which highlights the importance of good teachers as well as ongoing professional development. Take a few minutes and watch it.
Whether or not you’re in Arizona, consider sharing this video with others you know to make these critical educational points. We need the best teachers we can possible have in our classrooms. We all need to remain lifelong learners. To do those things, we need ongoing, high quality professional development opportunities for teachers in all grade levels and content areas.
Well done, Arizona K-12 Center!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Pocket Casts: A Better Smartphone App for Podcatching (Podcast listening) - 2012
- Digital Storytelling with Pinnacle Studio for iPad - 2012
- NCLB Fulfilling Mission to Portray All Public Schools as Failing - 2011
- Comparing Electric Cars (October 2011) - 2011
- The backstory of Oklahoma State Question 744 - 2010
- Gridlock may promote US Political Stability - 2010
- Eliminating Mac Address Book Duplicate Entries - 2009
- Advancing eBook technologies - 2008
- Podcasts of today's presentations - 2006
- Robotics interview podcast deleted - 2006