Spring Break starts next week for students and teachers in Oklahoma City Public Schools, and the following week for most of the other districts in our state. The OKC Metro Libraries have declared the month of March to be Teen DIY (Do It Yourself) Tech Month.
by Wesley Fryer
The best way to stay updated on related events is to subscribe to the Google Calendar you’ll find when you click the DATES link on the Teen Tech Month website. Then you can display all the events in your own Google Calendar, or a Google-compatible iOS calendar like Tempo. (I’ve been using Tempo the past year on my iPhone and love it.)
by Wesley Fryer
It’s great to see our Oklahoma City Metro Libraries promoting both digital literacy and the DIY / Maker mindset through this series of activities in March 2013!
Follow @metrolibraryok on Twitter for more updates!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Coronavirus Pandemic and Media Literacy - 2020
- Free K12 Lesson Plans from K20ALT for STEM & More! (Audio Podcast with Adam Zodrow) - 2012
- The Legacy of Sandy Garrett in Oklahoma: A Case Study of "Whistleblower Needed" - 2012
- Summarizing the 2011 MACE Keynote with Mobile Video and Glogster - 2011
- Presentation Links from the 2011 Heartland eLearning Conference #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- The Visions of Students Today by @mwesch #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- How to Boil the Ocean: Lessons of Blogging for Online Discussions by @berlinf #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Cloudy is a Good Thing!: Enhancing Instruction with Tools from the Cloud #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Michael Wesch Keynote at 2011 Heartland eLearning Conference #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Don't just blame the kids: Adults face social media challenges too - 2010