Back in September I helped my 8th grade daughter create a “geo-map” project for her English class. I shared about this in the post, “8th Grade GeoMap Project For English: Road to Hiroshima.” Today after school I shared a videoconference with educators in Corpus Christi, Texas, on “Google Maps and Google Earth.” After our videoconference, I recorded a 6 minute screencast demonstrating how Sarah and I created that geo-map project together using Google Maps Engine Lite.
Here are the links I shared during today’s videoconference.
Elementary Google Lit Trip Example: “Possum Magic” by Mem Fox
The 2 minute, 17 second video from November 2013, “Take a tour of the new Google Maps,” has a good overview of the navigational changes in the “new” Google Maps.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Managing Digital Footprints - for grandparents (March 2014) - 2014
- More Minecraft Lessons from a 15 Year Old (March 2013) - 2013
- Podcast305: Science Education from a Technology Leader’s Perspective by Dr. David Thornburg - 2009
- Preliminary Report of a National Survey of School Leaders on the Use of Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Science Education from a Technology Leader's Perspective by David Thornburg - 2009
- K12 Horizon Report (CoSN 2009) - 2009
- The Challenges of Web 2.0 by Bob Martin - 2009
- Spinning history and the means of publication - 2008
- Debating Ataturk, more bans on user created content - 2007
- PictureAustralia with Flickr - 2006