This evening I created a linked list of sponsors for EdCamp Broken Arrow (coming up this Saturday just outside Tulsa, Oklahoma) using List.ly. This was SO much faster and easier than “creating the list by hand” on the event WordPress site. That tedious process involved saving images of each sponsor logo locally, uploading each image to the site, copying different pieces of textual information for each sponsor, copying and formatting links, etc. Yuk! Lots of steps.
by Wesley Fryer
Instead of all those steps, I simply created a new list on my free List.ly account. I Googled and copied the link to each company or individual’s Twitter account, pasted it at the bottom of my new list, and pressed return. DONE. Each sponsor’s name, Twitter channel graphic, Twitter description, and Twitter link were auto-magically inserted into my list. Then when I finished with all 24, I copied the embed code for the “list format” embeddable version. I added this to the sponsor page and a new post on the EdCampBA site.
Consider using List.ly next time you want to create a hyperlinked and shareable list for an event or other purpose. It’s quick, free, embedable and good looking!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Mobile Media Scavenger Hunts with GooseChase - 2017
- Classroom Blogging Options (August 2015) - 2015
- Michael Wesch on Seymour Papert and Constructionism - 2014
- Validation errors in a multimedia or enhanced EPUB eBook - 2011
- Create a Friend list on Facebook - 2010
- Notes from #gtaco - Google Teacher Academy: Boulder, Colorado - 2009
- Explorations with other Google Tools - 2009
- GTA Boulder Notes: Afternoon Part 3 - 2009
- GTA Boulder Notes: Afternoon Part 2 - 2009
- GTA Boulder Notes: Afternoon Part 1 - 2009