I’ve been trying different digital “task managers” to keep to-do lists over the years, and this semester I’m really liking Wunderlist. It has a viable free plan (I haven’t paid for a commercial plan yet) and if you want you can collaborate with others on your lists. You can also share your lists in a read-only format with others. Previously, my favorite task manager had been Nozbe. Nozbe is also free and GTD-friendly, which means it works with the “Getting Things Done” organizational method espoused by David Allen.
There is also a task manager in Gmail that is OK and handy since it’s built in, if you’re already using Gmail. This 4 minute video is a good intro to Google Tasks.
Wunderlist, Nozbe and Gmail Tasks have free mobile apps you can download and use too. Here are the iOS app links:
Do you have a favorite to-do list or tasks website / mobile app? What features do you particularly like about the solution you use?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Images and Thoughts From Back to School Night - August 2011 - 2011
- Starting the School Year Off Right with a Faculty & Staff Lip Dub - 2011
- $15 fine for cell phone use during class - 2010
- Goodreader: A great way to read PDF eBooks (like David Warlick's latest) on an iPad - 2010
- Two worthy quotations on leadership and passion - 2009
- Thinking conservatively about public WiFi security and Smartphone tethering - 2009
- Missing mobile alert in GMail - 2008
- Goodstein on "Totally Wired" Students - 2008
- Teachers.tv: Kids, Social Safety & Digital Literacy - 2008
- About this blog - 2007