This podcast was created on July 11, 2015, in a Storychasers workshop in Oklahoma City focusing on Student News Clubs and Classes at school. Wes, Rebecca, Kristi, Jolene, and Sarah created a “podcast show lineup” following the example provided by Bob Sprankle in his video from 2005, “Room 208 Vodcast.” They discussed the Lakeview Elementary Storychasers project from a few years ago in Yukon, Oklahoma, experiences with Tablet PCs in the classroom, and project ideas for using Storychasers and radio shows with students in the classroom. Check our podcast shownotes for links to referenced websites from our workshop and this radio show.
- Our workshop curriculum today: “Student News Workshop”
- Storychasers Student Clubs information
- Room 208 Vodcast (how to create a classroom radio show) by Bob Sprankle @bobsprankle
- Yukon Schools Storychasers YouTube Channel
- Horses Boo (5th grade – AudioBoo)
- Narrated Art Projects on ShowWithMedia.com
- Radio Show Projects on ShowWithMedia.com
- Royalty Free Music by Kevin McLeod – Incompetech (We used the tracks “Funk Game Loop,” “Unwritten Return” and “Rhinoceros” in this podcast)
- Rebecca Palmatary on Twitter: @MrsPalmatary
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Storychasers on Twitter: @storychasers
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPhone Apps by Category (July 2013) Shared with ThingLink - 2013
- VERY limited cell phone reception - 2010
- iPhone 2.0 software update successful - at last - 2008
- Looking for a new wrapper or an entirely new sandwich? - 2007
- New tools and TIME - 2007
- Instructional Technology: PASSport II Resources for Oklahoma - 2007
- Congressional leaders forgetting the T in STEM - 2006
- Angus King on 1:1 - 2006
- Hao Wu released - 2006
- Walking amid shadows and light - 2006