This podcast is an audio recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s closing keynote address at the School of Tomorrow Conference in Bangalore, India, on August 1, 2015. This presentation was shared via videoconference from Dr. Fryer’s home in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, so there was a time difference of 10 hours and 30 minutes between the sites. Over 400 Indian educators and educational stakeholders attended the conference and this closing session. The School of Tomorrow Conference was sponsored by the XSEED Foundation for Life. Their Twitter profile (@XSEEDEducation) explains they are “On a mission to transform elementary education globally from rote to learning. About children who can think, solve, create, speak-up, and are unafraid.” The recorded audio from the keynote has been slightly edited to remove silent portions when questions were asked by audience members, but that audio was not recorded locally. In addition, the original audio from the three video clips shared by Dr. Fryer have been amplified and inserted into this podcast. Check the shownotes for a link to the Google Presentation slides Dr. Fryer used in the keynote, a YouTube playlist of shared videos, and additional referenced resources.
- Google Presentation Slides for this keynote: “Creating to Learn – Cultivating 21st Century Skills”
- YouTube Playlist of 3 Student Work Examples shared in the videoconference
- XSEED Foundation for Life (@XSEEDEducation)
- More information about videoconference-based professional development offered by Dr. Wesley Fryer
- Wes’ STEM resources on iPad-based Coding
- “HopScotch Challenges” (a free eBook by Dr. Wesley Fryer)
- MinecraftEDU Lessons and Resources by Wesley Fryer
- MinecraftEDU Redstone Engineering Challenge
- Post by Alexander Fryer discussed as an example of student “interactive writing”
- Interactive Writing resources on ShowWithMedia.com
- Narrated Art/Photo resources on ShowWithMedia.com
- Quick Edit Video resources on ShowWithMedia.com
- Simulation and Game resources on ShowWithMedia.com
- iPad Media Camp
- 2nd grade report card of Tom Fryer
by Wesley Fryer
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Choose Your Own Adventure YouTube Video: Lessons Learned - 2017
- Moving Students From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-ABLE: Michael Wesch at TEDxKC - 2014
- Left to Their Own Devices - 2013
- Help Shape the Vision of Oklahoma City Public Schools: Sunday August 4th - 2013
- Books on My Wish List Thanks to Bob Sprankle - 2012
- 12 Graphics to Illustrate Mapping Media to the Curriculum - 2012
- The phrase "CIPA compliant content" can be misleading - 2011
- iPad Apps for the classroom #blackfootETC - 2011
- Transformative Personal Connections in a Hyperconnected World #blackfootETC - 2011
- From 671 trains in a day to six: Transformations in travel and learning - 2010