This podcast is a recording of Shelly Fryer’s presentation “iPads in Maker Studio” via a Google Hangout for the 2016 Global Maker Day Conference. The session description was: “Learn how our third and fourth grade students use their iPads in our maker studio to document their learning and share both inside and outside our classroom. See how apps for photo collages, green screen videos, making ebooks, coding apps, and Lego Stopmotion are essential digital tools in our classroom maker studio for creating and sharing.” Access the slides and referenced resources from this presentation on Shelly’s website: http://classroom.shellyfryer.com/workshops/ipads-maker-studio. Connect with her on Twitter @sfryer. Refer to the podcast shownotes for additional links and resources about this presentation as well as Global Maker Day!
- Google Slides Presentation (with links to all referenced apps)
- List.ly list of “iPad Apps in Maker Studio”
- Follow Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Positive Tomorrows School in Oklahoma City (@ptokc)
- Global Maker Day (#GlobalMakerDay – @GlobalMaker)
- Shelly’s Classroom Photos on Flickr
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom YouTube Channel
- Shelly Fryer’s professional blog
- Room 108 Radio Show (classroom podcast created with the Opinion App – @opinionpod)
- Shelly Fryer on Facebook
- Create, Make and Learn Summer Institute in Burlington, Vermont (@techsavvygirl)
- Inside and Outside Sharing Project
- Stewart L. Udall Parks in Focus program (Photos from our Blue River Field Trip with Parks in Focus)
- “Why My Students Love School” (blog post by Shelly Fryer from 12/22/2015)
- “Mission to Mars” June 6-9, 2016 Summer STEM Institute (@STEMseeds)
- iPad Media Camp (@iPadMediaCamp)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learn From Mike Wesch How to Create Better Videos for Students - 2020
- Clear Signs of Digitally Connected School Leaders - 2015
- Remove Disqus "Around the Web" Ad Images and Links from Your Blog - 2014
- Register to attend June and July 2011 Storychaser Workshops - 2011
- Web-based, Open Source Project Management Software Options - 2010
- BoxBe Courtesy Messages Discontinued - 2009
- Podcast317: Comparing Drop.io and Gabcast for Cell Phone Digital Recording - 2009
- An evening when DNS knowledge came in handy - 2009
- Military bloggers: Operational security risks or information warriors for transparency and truth? - 2009
- links for 2008-05-17 - 2008