Google is moving more into the education space, and will be offering its first “Google Teacher Academy” on November 7, 2006 at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA. This initial workshop opportunity with Google is open only to educators in northern California. Sign up online with the link above, the deadline for sign-ups is October 22, 2006. According to Chris Walsh, who let me know about this:
The FREE pilot program on November 7th is ONLY open to educators in Northern California. Only 50 seats are available, and we want a diverse group of people there with a wide range of experience. Please pass this along to encourage people you know to apply. Applications are ONLY open for 10 days, so please spread the word ASAP.
It’s great to see Google starting to offer more specifically for educators. Their “Google For Educators” page includes a variety of links not only to Google tools, but also a link to join the “Google Teacher Center” Google group. It looks like the group will be “read-only” to members, and Google will use this as way to share education-related announcements.
Technorati Tags: google
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Favorite iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch Audio Editing Apps (October 2011) - 2011
- Waiting For Superman: A Good Film to Provoke Conversations We Need - 2010
- Welcome to the 2010 K-12 Online Conference - 2010
- First Proctored Quiz with Moodle - 2010
- Perceptions of Beauty, PhotoShop, and Media Literacy - 2009
- Chinesepod and Connectivism: More connections lead to more learning - 2008
- Tagging the K-12 Online Conference - 2007
- When Night Falls skypecast notes - 2006
- The joy of chess - 2006
- Podcast on open source, thin clients in Education - 2005