If you’re looking for a great opportunity to learn more about online collaboration and blended digital learning later this month, consider virtually attending and participating in the WiAOC 2007: Webheads in Action Online Convergence conference. The event starts this Friday and runs May 18-20, 2007. A complete schedule is available. Scheduled keynote speakers will include Stephen Downes (Personal Learning the Web 2.0 Way), George Siemens (Connections and Conversations: What happens to content?), Etienne Wenger (Communities of practice in an interconnected world: New geographies of knowledge and identity), Robin Good (Collaboration Tools for Everyone), Barbara Ganley (Border Crossings and Contact Zones: Transformative Learning with Social Software across (Traditional) Educational Settings), Teemu Leinonen (Beyond blogs and wikis: What about getting together and building some meaning?), and Leigh Blackall (Standing on a mountain peak, on a clear day, wearing a rose coloured ski mask – or – My plan for climbing a mountain called Networked learning).
Great topics and issues, and a wonderful opportunity to both extend learning and your own professional learning community! Volunteers to help out are also needed!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learning and Recovering From Failure in STEM Class - 2014
- Professional Digital Publications Archive Project - 2012
- Putting the Passage of Amendment 10-A for Christians Worldwide in Statistical Perspective - 2011
- Editing Video with iMovie taken on a Sony HandyCam mini-DVD Camcorder - 2011
- No Internet Election Campaigns for NJHS Candidates in Lubbock - 2011
- Join me for "Powerful Ingredients" over Ustream tomorrow - 2009
- A Scary Wall Cloud and Rotation Over I-40 Today - 2009
- Presentations from Richardson, Texas this morning - 2008
- Geocaching in the Classroom - 2008
- links for 2008-05-15 - 2008