Bandwidth permitting, I’ll try and share most of my full-day workshop tomorrow here in Amarillo over Ustream. The workshop is titled, “Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning.” Our workshop starts at 9 am CST and lasts till 4 pm CST.
I’ve brought another Mac laptop to use for the Ustream, so we’ll see how this goes. The quality should be better than what I’ve achieved recently using Ustream Mobile. If you attend (virtually or face-to-face) and are willing to serve as a moderator, make sure you’re logged in with a Ustream account and let me know in the chat, and I’ll “knight you” with moderation powers over the chat. I’ve only run into problems once or twice needing moderation in a live Ustream broadcast, but that was enough to encourage me to use this feature. See UStream FAQ #3 “How Do I Moderate My Chat” for more info on Ustream moderation options as well as commands.
Tomorrow’s workshop is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) and we’re expecting around 90 participants. The workshop description is:
Good teaching is similar in many ways to good cooking. Recipes are helpful, but master cooks often modify those to meet different needs and situations. The same is true for teachers. If we extend this analogy of cooking to teaching and learning in a web 2.0 world, what are the best “ingredients” to use as we help both teachers and students learn to be more effective, safe, and powerful communicators in our flat world? In this working session we will focus on six key ingredients: del.icio.us, social bookmarks, Flickr photo sharing, VoiceThread digital storytelling, collaborative writing tools, websites for phone recording as well as SMS polling, and videoconferencing. Cooking can be intimidating for novices, but richly rewarding. Bring your own laptop and join Wesley Fryer as you learn how to cook up some gourmet learning with some powerful (and free) web 2.0 tools!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learning and Recovering From Failure in STEM Class - 2014
- Professional Digital Publications Archive Project - 2012
- Putting the Passage of Amendment 10-A for Christians Worldwide in Statistical Perspective - 2011
- Editing Video with iMovie taken on a Sony HandyCam mini-DVD Camcorder - 2011
- No Internet Election Campaigns for NJHS Candidates in Lubbock - 2011
- A Scary Wall Cloud and Rotation Over I-40 Today - 2009
- Presentations from Richardson, Texas this morning - 2008
- Geocaching in the Classroom - 2008
- links for 2008-05-15 - 2008
- Webheads in Action Online Convergence - 2007