This podcast is a recording of my keynote address at the TechForum Southwest conference sponsored by Technology and Learning on November 2, 2007. Schools need to change to better prepare students for the dynamic challenges and opportunities of the 21st century “flat world” highlighted by Tom Friedman in his book “The World is Flat.” The $1 million question is, “How?” In this session we’ll address practical ways educational leaders are supporting a constructive agenda for cultural change in schools using digital technologies as catalysts, levers, and amplifiers. Blogging, digital storytelling, social networking, and collaborative document authoring can play powerful roles in reshaping learning cultures while developing critical learner literacies mandated by the ISTE NETS. Differentiated strategies for supporting cultural learning change for teachers ranging from innovators/early adopters to late majority/laggards will be highlighted and explored. Together, we can “invent the future.”
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- DVD Subtitles with Handbrake - 2021
- Why I'm Switching from iPhone to Android (Part 1) - 2017
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Board Meeting Notes: 7 November 2011 - 2011
- Storychasing Times Square & Lady Liberty in NYC - 2011
- Photographic privacy is over - 2009
- Internet addiction a growing concern - 2009
- Gong Show dreams amidst amazing tales of Oklahoma and midwest history - 2008
- USB thumb drive security issues - 2006
- Linux help - 2005
- Linux and WordPress - 2005