I presented two sessions this afternoon at our Oklahoma Technology Association / EncycloMedia 2012 conference in Oklahoma City, and used the free app Cinch on my iPad to record audio from both. Here are the session titles, descriptions, resource links / curriculum pages and audio recordings.
Simple Ideas for Powerful Sharing
description: Interested in helping students become better readers, writers, and critical thinkers? We need to “play with media” to become more effective communicators and improve our media literacy skills as both learners and citizens. As you learn to play with digital text, images, audio and video, you will communicate more creatively and flexibly with a wider variety of options. Author and educator Wesley Fryer will inspire and empower you, as a creative person, to expand your personal senses of digital literacy and digital agency as a multimedia communicator!
(The slides I used today for this session were the same as those I shared in Yukon PS last month)
Creating MultiMedia eBooks
description: Learn how to create enhanced/multimedia eBooks including digital text, hyperlinks, images, and embedded videos. In addition to using Apple Pages software (part of iWork) participants will learn how to use Calibre software (free and cross-platform) to convert multimedia documents into a variety of eBook formats.
All my session resources are available in a single PDF which I handed out today, these are linked on this post from last week. Here’s the PDF link on Google Docs. The one link I wrote on the back of my handout is okedushare.org.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Sharing My Enthusiasm for Space Exploration - 2022
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011