Learn How To Become a Digital Storyteller in June 2013!
Registration is now open for TWO special digital storytelling workshops in Oklahoma City offered by Storychasers. Both workshops will be held at the Canadian Valley Technology Center in Yukon. Registration is available via Eventbrite using the links below. The dates are:
Storychaser phase 1 workshops are 2 day opportunities to learn the basics of creating a digital story using a “Digital Backpack” of supplies. Participants learn how to use portable audio recorders, microphones, audio editing software (Audacity) and video software (PhotoStory3 or iMovie) to create short, 3 – 5 minute videos using audio and still images. Approximately half of the workshop time is dedicated to individual project work. Participants KEEP their digital backpack equipment following the workshop. Our workshops in June 2013 are steeply discounted, because we are transitioning to iPad-based workshops and liquidating our remaining inventory of digital backpack gear. The original cost of the equipment participants will use and keep following our workshop is $250, so this workshop cost is exceptionally low and a fantastic value. Purchase orders are accepted for payment, please select “SHOW OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS” below the PayPal logo for more information.
Our current workshop agenda is available online, which provides an overview of activities.
Each day we start at 8:30 am, so please plan to arrive between 8 and 8:15 am to be ready for a prompt start. We end at 5 pm both days. Lunch is on your own and not provided, but we encourage participants to eat together in groups if possible.
Read more details on the individual Eventbrite registration pages for June 5-6 and June 19-20. Participants can bring their own laptop or use a provided Windows desktop computer during the workshop. Since these workshop prices are STEEPLY discounted, we expect them to fill up quickly. Please register as soon as you can!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- iPad Media Camp: June & July 2013 in Oklahoma & Kansas - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Creativity unleashed with LEGO Stopmotion music videos and movie scene re-enactments - 2010
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- PBWikis ad-free for educators! - 2007
- Golf, creativity, failure and learning - 2007