This podcast is an interview with 3rd and 4th grade teacher Shelly Fryer, discussing mystery skype, Minecraft in the classroom, iPad digital portfolios with Seesaw, and more. Check out the podcast shownotes for referenced apps, links and resources. Thanks to Adam Jones for sharing his podcasting inspiration!
- Shelly on Twitter: @sfryer
- Shelly’s classroom website: classroom.shellyfryer.com
- Positive Tomorrows (@ptokc)
- Adam Jones Education Podcast
- Mystery Skype in the Classroom
- Rachel’s YouTube Channel: RachelArtist (@rachfMC – videos about Minecraft and Club Penguin)
- Seesaw – Student Driven Digital Portfolios (for iPad)
- PlaydateOKC (backstory of PLAYDATE PD)
- Minecraft Redstone Engineering Challenge
- Wes’ MinecraftEDU resources and Maker Studio Minecraft Resources
- Video: Creative Minecraft Shower by 4th Grader Sam
- Video: Tour of Minecraft Redstone Challenge House (by Josh)
- “You Are Not A Beginner Unless You Have Begun” by Karen Montgomery (@klmontgomery)
- Hovercraft app (FREE – for iOS, Android & Kindle Fire!)
- AirServer software (iOS mirroring software, like AppleTV but $15)
- MyOn (amazing iOS enhanced eBook library)
- News-O-Matic | Kids News, Nonfiction and Current Events
- PBS recognizes Positive Tomorrows teacher in Oklahoma City (@newsok 29 April 2015)
- STEM Seeds PD Camp: June 2-4, 2015 (@STEMseeds)
- Mobile Learning Experience Conference (@mobile2015 – June 10-12, 2015) by Tony Vincent (@tonyvincent) and the Arizona K-12 Center (@azk12)
- iPad Media Camp (@iPadMediaCamp)
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Wes’ Presentation Handouts (upcoming and past speaking schedule)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- My Videoconference Is Not Working. What Can I Do? - 2020
- Excellent Videos on Hawaii Volcanos to Share with Students - 2018
- Share iPad-created eBook with DropBox - 2014
- Act Today to Encourage Teachers at Crutcho Public School - 2014
- Elementary STEM Idea Sharing (May 2013) - 2013
- Collaborative Learning Spaces for Students at Texas Tech - 2011
- Quickblogging Options: Comparing tumblr and posterous - 2010
- Visualizing Digital Storytelling PD with Wordle - 2009
- How can I import MPG files into iMovie - 2009
- Why should middle school students blog? - 2009