This podcast is a recorded conversation from May 26, 2015, between Gail Lovely and Wesley Fryer. Gail and Wes have been part of a team from Storychasers serving as instructional coaches for PreK teachers at Maryetta School in Stilwell, Oklahoma, who are part of a new grant-funded iPad 1 to 1 learning initiative. The grant is called Literacy3 because it focuses on traditional literacy, digital literacy, and Cherokee literacy. Many of the students who attend Maryetta School are members of the Cherokee Nation. Gail and Wes discuss many of the lessons learned from the first five months of this instructional coaching and technology integration adventure. Check the podcast shownotes for links to referenced resources and more information about the Literacy3 project, funded by a four year grant.
- Storychasers (@storychasers)
- Maryetta School in Stilwell, Oklahoma
- Flickr Photos from the May 27, 2015 Literacy3 / Maryetta School / Storychasers Field Trip to the Cherokee Heritage Center in Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- Enhanced eBook by Wesley Fryer: A Visit to the Cherokee Heritage Center (created with Book Creator for iPad, shared via DropBox)
- Video version of “A Visit to the Cherokee Heritage Center” eBook (created with Book Creator for iPad, shared via YouTube)
- Easy Blogger Junior (iOS app)
- Resources from Storychasers for the Literacy3 Grant
- ISTE Early Learning Network
- Show What You Know With Media (formerly “Mapping Media to the Curriculum / Common Core”)
- iPad Media Camp (@iPadMediaCamp)
- Gail Lovely on Twitter: @glovely
- Gail Lovely’s book: Using an iPad with Your PreSchooler (co-authored with Gayle Berthiaume)
- Gail Lovely’s website: Lovely Learning
- Gail Lovely’s blog: Gail Warnings
- Gail Lovely on SlideShare
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Wesley Fryer’s blog: Moving at the Speed of Creativity
- Wes’ Presentation Handouts (upcoming and past speaking schedule)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Virtual Minecraft Camps for Elementary and Middle School Students: June 2020 - 2020
- Upgrade a Verizon Hotspot for $22 Without a New Contract - 2015
- Why You Want to GateKeep Your Teen's iOS Apps - 2015
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009
- WordPress plugins for a new blog - 2009