Yesterday and today I presented and participated in the 2015 “Write Well, Sell Well Conference” in Oklahoma City. This is the third year of the conference, and it was absolutely amazing. I wrote three blog posts with my notes from sessions, but mainly used Twitter to archive and share my own learning. Those posts included:
- iPad Green Screen Video Creation
- Selling Well for Non-Fiction Writers by Chris Maselli
- Writing for Greater Impact by Shannon Ethridge
I frequently refer back to my Tweet Nest archive, it’s my “information trap” (hat tip to Jason Neiffer – @techsaavyteach) instead of using a social bookmarking site like Diigo or Delicious. As an example, a search of the site for the hashtag #wwsw15 reveals I shared 84 tweets the past 2 days from the conference.
To further document, archive, amplify and share my learning from Write Well, Sell Well 2015, I created a Storify archive of my tweets and retweets from the conference. In addition to checking out these thoughts, ideas, and links, a Flickr album of photos I took at the conference is also available.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Writing for Greater Impact by Shannon Ethridge - 2015
- Selling Well for Non-Fiction Writers by Chris Maselli - 2015
- Avoiding Digital Disasters: Video Is the New Pen - 2013
- Awesome Brickfilm - 2011
- Deterring bag shoplifters and trash depositors - 2008
- Voicethreads about favorite books! - 2007
- Elluminate moderation: First impressions - 2006
- Firefox 2 and Skype 2 - 2006
- K12Online06 Presentations links, comments - 2006
- Talking Science Podcasts - 2006