This podcast is a recording of Shelly Fryer’s presentation “iPads in Maker Studio” via a Google Hangout for the 2016 Global Maker Day Conference. The session description was: “Learn how our third and fourth grade students use their iPads in our maker studio to document their learning and share both inside and outside our classroom. See how apps for photo collages, green screen videos, making ebooks, coding apps, and Lego Stopmotion are essential digital tools in our classroom maker studio for creating and sharing.” Access the slides and referenced resources from this presentation on Shelly’s website: http://classroom.shellyfryer.com/workshops/ipads-maker-studio. Connect with her on Twitter @sfryer. Refer to the podcast shownotes for additional links and resources about this presentation as well as Global Maker Day!
- Google Slides Presentation (with links to all referenced apps)
- List.ly list of “iPad Apps in Maker Studio”
- Follow Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Positive Tomorrows School in Oklahoma City (@ptokc)
- Global Maker Day (#GlobalMakerDay – @GlobalMaker)
- Shelly’s Classroom Photos on Flickr
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom YouTube Channel
- Shelly Fryer’s professional blog
- Room 108 Radio Show (classroom podcast created with the Opinion App – @opinionpod)
- Shelly Fryer on Facebook
- Create, Make and Learn Summer Institute in Burlington, Vermont (@techsavvygirl)
- Inside and Outside Sharing Project
- Stewart L. Udall Parks in Focus program (Photos from our Blue River Field Trip with Parks in Focus)
- “Why My Students Love School” (blog post by Shelly Fryer from 12/22/2015)
- “Mission to Mars” June 6-9, 2016 Summer STEM Institute (@STEMseeds)
- iPad Media Camp (@iPadMediaCamp)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learn From Mike Wesch How to Create Better Videos for Students - 2020
- Clear Signs of Digitally Connected School Leaders - 2015
- Remove Disqus "Around the Web" Ad Images and Links from Your Blog - 2014
- Register to attend June and July 2011 Storychaser Workshops - 2011
- Web-based, Open Source Project Management Software Options - 2010
- BoxBe Courtesy Messages Discontinued - 2009
- An evening when DNS knowledge came in handy - 2009
- Military bloggers: Operational security risks or information warriors for transparency and truth? - 2009
- links for 2008-05-17 - 2008
- Web-based animation, video and storytelling options grow - 2008