I love creative, simplified (but yet accurate and thorough) multimedia presentations of copyright and fair use issues as they pertain to education and specifically classroom settings. Another one of my favorites is the “Get Creative” flash movie on the Creative Commons website. Both of these are superb in-service resources to use with teachers when discussing copyright and fair use. They are great to use with students who are digital natives too!
Intellectual property issues are still poorly understood by many teachers and students, I think. My Winter 2003 article “Copyright 101 for Educators” was an attempt at a simplification of these issues. “Tale of Two Fish” and “Get Creative” achieve this purpose much more eloquently (and with admirable visual design flair) than my textual attempt!
My path to this new find? Canadian Stephanie’s comment on last night’s podcast which included a link to Australian blogger Leigh Blackall’s post from Wednesday entitled “Phone call with Stephanie Rieger – Yiibu”. Such are the wonderful connections enabled through our web 2.0 tools of dialog and ideological exchange. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPad App Smashing Green Screen Videos from YouTube - 2016
- Add Questions to YouTube Videos for Class Discussions - 2015
- Block Video Ads in YouTube - 2014
- Create a Custom Google Gadget for Blogger or Google Sites - 2012
- 10 Slots Remain for Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Workshop in Yukon: 19-21 Jan 2011 - 2011
- What websites should be whitelisted on school content filters? - 2011
- Oklahoma Political Themes: Fire Rural School Superintendents and Overpaid State Physicians - 2011
- Great first impressions of videoconferencing via Google Chat - 2009
- Discussing the documentary Crystal Darkness at UCO with Oklahoma A+ Schools - 2009
- Join me on Ustream from UCO Tuesday for the Crystal Darkness Documentary Post-Show - 2009