I think pre-service teachers in certification courses should be required to visit classroom blogs like Mighty Writers and leave positive, supportive comments and feedback for the students. This assignment can potentially both edify the young student writers, and educate the pre-service teachers about the powerful and effective ways web 2.0 technologies can be utilized in the “real” classroom. I did this last fall with my students in Microcomputer Applications. They read and commented on posts by Bob Sprankle’s Room 208 3rd and 4th graders in Wells, Maine.
Go Mark and go Mighty Writers!!! 🙂
I am hoping wherever our family moves this summer, we’ll be able to find innovative teachers like Mark and Bob who are integrating technology creatively with students to help them become better communicators in the 21st century! We need to be championing the work of classroom teachers like Mark and Bob not only in the blogosphere, but also “out there” in the face to face world. I will be sharing both Mark and Bob’s classroom blogs with campus technology integration specialists next month at our state TCEA conference. If you know of other good examples of teachers and students using blogs in the classroom to improve student writing/communication skills, please comment here and share the links.
My social bookmarks list of classroom blogs is available on http://del.icio.us/wfryer/classroomblogs.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 10 Things I Learned Teaching A Full Day iPad Workshop - 2015
- Thanks OKeducationTruths (Rick Cobb) For Your Courage & Leadership - 2015
- Documenting the 2014 Trapper's Rendezvous with iPhone Video - 2014
- Lessons Learned Using Puppet Pals on iPads in an After School Program - 2012
- What's So Common About Common Core? - 2012
- Classroom Management, Effective Instruction, and Student Motivation by Mark Mcleod - 2012
- A Call to Increase the Volume of our Profession in Educational Politics - 2012
- The Best Political Spin Money Can Buy - 2012
- Averting USB Famines - 2011
- A reminder to address and stop cyberbullying - RE: Cry of the Dolphins - 2010