I published some thoughts I’ve been ruminating on for several weeks now over at TechLearning, in a new post I titled “What are you going to do?” This relates to several different ideas, including:
- The centennial of the first radio broadcast (Christmas Eve, 1906)
- Podcasting/narrowcasting as a renaissance of radio
- The novelty and power of global audio-based idea sharing
- The impact of Time magazine’s person of the year for each one of us
We live in exciting times with exciting potential. The question is, what are we going to do with these powerful tools at our (and our students’) disposal?
The sad note here is that my drawing skills have not advanced much beyond the first grade level. Oh well. In drawings like this one, communication is certainly my goal, rather than impressing an audience with my artistic skills!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Tyranny of Current Events - 2019
- January 15, 2016 iPad Workshop at Kansas State - 2015
- Podcast421: The 2014 EdTech Year in Review - 2014
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009