This podcast features an interview with Anthony Foreman, who helped start the Trail Dance Film Festival in Duncan, Oklahoma. Entering its second year in 2008, Trail Dance provides an opportunity for filmmakers to present in a competitive, yet, supportive environment. Filmmakers from any and all schools of production are invited to enter. Submissions are accepted starting in June, and can be submitted through September. Check to see if a film festival like Trail Dance is available in your area, and make plans to not only attend but also submit an entry. Anyone can submit an entry to Trail Dance, so even if you don’t live in Oklahoma you might consider entering! Last year’s festival saw an eclectic mix of entries, ranging in their budgets from five dollars to five million dollars! A DVD including many of the winning films from the 2007 Trail Dance film festival is scheduled to be available for rent at Hastings stores throughout the United States in summer 2007. Check out the Trail Dance festival winners from 2007 on this DVD in a Hastings store near you!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Thank a Teacher [VIDEO] - 2012
- Here's to the Students (and Teachers) who Refuse to be Standardized - 2011
- Free Digital Content Online was NOT Original Sin - 2011
- Who is hosting your state's Commons-based peer production server for curriculum? - 2010
- Saving feedback for students in WebCT / Blackboard - 2010
- Making the case for blended learning, thinking about designs for modern learning spaces - 2009
- Strange intermittent Macbook slowdown persists - 2008
- Initial positive experiences with Grandparent Games - 2008
- links for 2008-05-10 - 2008