This podcast is a recording of a conversation I had with Marco Torres at NECC 2007 in Atlanta, Georgia. The initial question we started with focused on how to make “light saber effects” in a movie, but our conversation continued and focused on other uses for Final Cut Studio Pro software, ways for helping students learn complex technology skills (“dream it” and figure out how to do it together) as well as effective professional development strategies for teachers, among other topics. Marco continues to be one of my foremost “Yodas” (mentors) when it comes to the effective use of digital technologies to tell stories, and the work his kids have done and continue to do inside and outside the classroom really puts them in a class by themselves. Many thanks to Marco for both sharing his expertise and being willing to allow his perspectives to be shared out with others via this podcast recording.
- Homepage of Marco Torres: educator, producer, media artist, consultant
- Motion Software included as part of Final Cut Studio Pro
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Write Well, Sell Well Conference Sept 21, 2013 in Oklahoma City - 2013
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- Podcast322: Powerful Ingredients for Blended Learning (Ingredients 1 - 5) - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-08 - 2008