Thanks to Brian Smith’s Flickr photos (and links he provided in the photo descriptions) I found the link today to the Ustream video of Will Richardson and Gary Stager’s closing keynote yesterday at the New York State Association for Computers and Technologies in Education conference. Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach gave me a heads-up earlier this week over skype about this event, but I wasn’t able to catch it live. How wonderful to be able to catch the archived version. I’m sure this was interesting!
Here is the direct link to the video, as well as an embedded version:
Play time is 1 hour and 7 minutes. I have not watched this yet but plan to over the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays.
Like several others educational technology conferences, the conveners of NYSCATE invited participants this year to utilize a variety of social networking technologies both during and after the conference. These included Twitter and Ning. I think utilization of online social networking tools like these should be considered “best practice” for educational conferences of all flavors (those explicitly focused on technology uses as well as others.) Way to go NYSCATE conference conveners, speakers and participants!
Someone did submit the 2007 NYSCATE conference to David Warlick’s Hitchhikr site, but for some reason the page doesn’t seem to be working. I think the reason is that someone submitted the tag “educational technology” instead of a tag like “nyscate07″ for the conference.
If you have feedback on this video and discussion between Will and Gary, Will is looking for feedback on his blog, as is Gary who wrote up a nice summary with reflections of the event.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Use an Older Wii Remote with Smoothboard Software - 2014
- Small Museums, Libraries and Archives: Advocating to Preserve Community Heritage - 2013
- Advocating for Balanced Content Filtering in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2011
- Help Needed from Urban Educators: Are Evernote, GDocs & Edmodo Blocked for Your Students? - 2011
- Cloud computing for Microsoft, Persistent requests for IT, and 3 screen strategies - 2010
- Going Mobile with Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Doubting the power of Netbooks? Consider Chrome OS - 2009
- Pleased with Windows 7 default scanning functionality - 2009
- Website visitor tracking with Feedjit and ClustrMaps - 2008
- My iMovie to Final Cut learning journey continues - 2008