The following is a message sent out to teachers who registered to participate in our videoconferences and webcasts from Pearl Harbor this week.
Thanks for your interest in participating in our videoconferences and webcasts from Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, this week. We have created a Google Group to facilitate the sharing of news and announcements related to this videoconferencing project and others like it which (we hope) will take place in the future. Our project this year is titled “Oklahoma World War II Stories,” but this Google Group is titled the “Oklahoma Digital Learning Project – Hawaii 2007″ in the hope we will be able to support similar projects like this one in the future. Additional information about download links for the December 6, 2007, videoconferences will be shared and posted here and on our project wiki. Here are links you can use and may find helpful tomorrow and in the weeks ahead:
Part 1: December 6, 2007 Videoconference from Pearl Harbor (47 minutes, 28 seconds – 99.5 MB)
Part 2 of this video is being edited and will be posted soon!
Free QuickTime player software is required to view/play this video:
Our project wiki includes a wide variety of information about our project, including the direct link to connect “live” to the December 7th webcast of the USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication at 4 pm US Central time:
The Oklahoma World War II Voices website includes a variety of veteran stories in different formats to explore, as well as instructions for submitting your own recorded veteran story:
If you are a current Oklahoma teacher (PK-20) interested in professional development about digital storytelling and this project, check out our related “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” project which is the continuation of our “Oklahoma Digital Centennial Project.”
If you are interested in staying up to date on this project and similar Oklahoma Digital Learning initiatives, please join our Google Group:
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learning About Posting YouTube Videos to WordPress, Windows RT Copy Paste, and iMovie for iPhone - 2013
- Location Change for December OKC Google Tools Workshops - 2010
- Google Goggles: A new way to search with pictures - 2009
- iPhone and iTouch video out functionality, 1 to 1 Learning, and CCC Pedagogy - 2008
- Breadboards, LED lights, small screens, and programming homegrown, inexpensive computers - 2008
- When things go wrong, we learn and go on... - 2007
- Live on the web from Pearl Harbor: NOW - 2007
- Pearl Harbor Videoconferencing VoiceThread - 2007
- Impressed with Verizon USB data modem - 2007
- Professional collaborative wiki writing - 2006