This evening Rachel (my 4 year old) recorded an eight-image VoiceThread digital story, sharing some of the things she knows about Christmas. Her thoughts ranged from Santa and stockings to baby Jesus and the star of Bethlehem. At age four, her recorded voice reveals the stream-of-consciousness way in which she processes the world and connects ideas to each other.
The juxtaposition of secular holiday traditions with religious ones can certainly be confusing, and even overwhelming, for people of all ages. Rachel seems to be doing pretty well with her understanding of Christmas themes and messages.
Capturing her voice singing part of “Joy to the World,” is certainly a wonderful gift. We are happy to share this special VoiceThread digital story with you.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Exploring the Hobbit on iTunes University and Course To-Dos - 2013
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Podcast387: TechShoppingCart Episode 11 – Christmas 2011 Apps and Gadgets - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008
- Why is consumerism bad? - 2004
- Technorati and Eric Wyatt's blog - 2004