PBS aired a Frontline special in January 2008 titled, “Growing Up Online.” The entire program can be viewed on the PBS website in separate chapters. I learned about this last week, listening to the most recent Seedlings podcast. This evening in Seattle, I led a three hour workshop on “Safe Digital Social Networking,” and we watched the video chapter from this program on cyberbullying to highlight issues as well as generate discussion. We also started a VoiceThread to share responses to this program and the issues it raises. Feel free to add your voice to the conversation we started!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- TEACH Act vs Fair Use by Jodie Bowie (February 2013) - 2013
- Moveable Feast Offers Tools for Multimedia, Mobile Walking Tours - 2012
- Socioclean Can Help Clean Up Your Digital Footprint - 2011
- Beware of Non-Admin Facebook Page Posts - 2011
- Storytelling with Scratch - 2011
- Use TweepML to follow EduCon 2010 participants - 2010
- Discussing the importance of good questions and inquiry with Kiwi primary teachers, YouTube karaoke - 2009
- Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools by Erin Freeman and Heath Sawyer - 2009
- Learning should be an invitation, not a mandate - 2008
- SL as the wild west? - 2007