Scott Charlson presented the session “K12 Student Engagement: Beyond the 3:00 Bell” at the 2008 Oklahoma Distance Learning Association (ODLA) conference on 13 Nov 2008. These are a few of the links and notes I jotted down from his session.
MoodleRooms is being used by the K-20 Center at OU for affordable Moodle hosting (sold in blocks of 500 seats, they buy the $3 per seat version)
A “challenge cast”
– an audio explanation of a learning task prepared by a teacher for his/her students
— end of notes —
After Scott’s session, I learned about Mike Garmon, a teacher at Altus High School who has setup the website http://bulldoghigh.com
– Lisa Wahrmund is an English4 teacher at the school
– The IT department in Altus is blocking this website and preventing students and teachers from using the Moodle environment setup by Mike from being used at school
– Mike has written an extensive, 25 page justification / argument for using this Moodle enviornment to support learning at Altus High School
I am going to reach out to Mike and see if I can interview him as well as the Altus IT director to get more information about this situation.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning about Schoolwide WordPress Blogs with Andrea Hernandez - 2015
- Tough Creative Love: The Why and How of Creative Action - 2012
- Breakthrough Thinking by Peter Diamandis - 2012
- Encouraging Creativity in Education through Community & Technology - 2012
- Leading a Culture of Innovation by Sir Ken Robinson - 2012
- Creating Oral History Interview Videos on an iPod Touch - 2011
- iPad Doorprizes, Clearly Announced Conference Recording Permissions, & Ustreaming #micon - 2010
- Carl Anderson on Learning and the Purpose of School (video) - 2010
- Controversial Anti-Abortion Education Campaign at UNT - 2010
- Utilizing Social Media (in schools and for citizen journalism) #collab21 - 2010