Because of some staffing changes, I had responsibility this week for packing 50 “digital backpacks” of supplies in advance of two Celebrate Oklahoma Voices digital storytelling workshops coming up this weekend and later in the month. Before packing equipment in individual backpacks, we stacked everything up and took inventory. These were the Olympus WS-110 recorders:
These are the Platronics headsets and Sony digital cameras:
Last year, in 2008, 91 teachers completed our “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” workshops and learned how to create short digital stories using Audacity and either PhotoStory3 or iMovie. Currently, we have 250 Oklahoma teachers and students in our learning community and 145 videos. We’re scheduled at this point to conduct about 20 workshops in 2009. If we have 25 teachers in all of those workshops (which we probably won’t) we’ll have about 500 new videos added to the learning community this year. Hopefully that number will be much larger, with many student-created videos submitted which are facilitated by teachers who have completed our workshop.
I think 2009 is going to be a big year for COV. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Why You Should NOT Quit Facebook or Twitter - 2019
- Free Home Internet Filtering option (OpenDNS) - 2014
- Amazing Minecraft Webshows, Music Videos and Parody Animation Videos - 2013
- Trapper's Rendezvous 2012: An iPhone documentary - 2012
- Recoverable and Resumable YouTube Uploads with Chrome and FireFox - 2012
- 7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, Bushwhackers, and Jayhawkers (Kansas in 1861 - 1865) - 2012
- Retrain, Retire or Resign: Options for Adult Paradigm Paralysis - 2011
- First XtraNormal Video: MySpace Suicide Prevention - 2011
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii - 2010
- ISTEconnects Blog - The Conversations Begin - 2009