Because of some staffing changes, I had responsibility this week for packing 50 “digital backpacks” of supplies in advance of two Celebrate Oklahoma Voices digital storytelling workshops coming up this weekend and later in the month. Before packing equipment in individual backpacks, we stacked everything up and took inventory. These were the Olympus WS-110 recorders:
These are the Platronics headsets and Sony digital cameras:
Last year, in 2008, 91 teachers completed our “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” workshops and learned how to create short digital stories using Audacity and either PhotoStory3 or iMovie. Currently, we have 250 Oklahoma teachers and students in our learning community and 145 videos. We’re scheduled at this point to conduct about 20 workshops in 2009. If we have 25 teachers in all of those workshops (which we probably won’t) we’ll have about 500 new videos added to the learning community this year. Hopefully that number will be much larger, with many student-created videos submitted which are facilitated by teachers who have completed our workshop.
I think 2009 is going to be a big year for COV.
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Amazing Minecraft Webshows, Music Videos and Parody Animation Videos - 2013
- Trapper's Rendezvous 2012: An iPhone documentary - 2012
- Recoverable and Resumable YouTube Uploads with Chrome and FireFox - 2012
- 7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, Bushwhackers, and Jayhawkers (Kansas in 1861 - 1865) - 2012
- Retrain, Retire or Resign: Options for Adult Paradigm Paralysis - 2011
- First XtraNormal Video: MySpace Suicide Prevention - 2011
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii - 2010
- ISTEconnects Blog - The Conversations Begin - 2009
- Content filtering and packet shaping going mainstream? - 2008
- LCD Projector with an overhead - 2008