Please join me and many others in the Digital Literacy debate organized by Josie Fraser:
…the Digital Literacy debate… will be taking place online, in Elluminate, on Friday 27 March 2009, at 1pm GMT [THAT’S 8 AM CST] … The purpose of the debate is to try and move forward on issues surrounding Digital Literacy. The focus of the debate will be the UK education sector, but international attendees and contributors are more than welcome. Recently, Digital Literacy has gained a lot of traction within academic and educational technology discussion within the UK, and is generally thought of as A Good Thing. However, some important questions have yet to be addressed.
Please join us in Elluminate – no password is required.
The session will be recorded. Check out the schedule on the wiki to see what’s coming up. See you online!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Advice for Responding to and Protecting Against Phishing Email Attacks - 2019
- Visualize Tweets on a Map with Avian for AppleTV - 2017
- FaceTime Connection During a Tornado Warning - 2015
- Oklahomans Against High Stakes Testing Worship - 2012
- Unwrapping Common Core State Standards and Unit Planning (Deer Creek Public Schools) - 2012
- Flip Video Session Recording - With a Tripod! - 2010
- Forget the iPad - The MacBook Wheel is what you really want - 2010
- The Thursday Folder and Worksheet Measured Learning - 2009
- Exploring differences in preteen social networking sites - 2008
- Blogs, Wikis, District Polices, Walled Gardens and the Open Web - 2008