Google has added vector drawing functionality to Google Docs. From the INSERT menu in a Google word processing document, choose DRAWING to utilize the new functionality.
If the Math 24/7 Project with VoiceThread is any indication, the ability for students to add hand-drawn illustrations to media projects is a BIG deal. When will Google Docs add the ability to include short audio recordings to a document, similar to Vocaroo? That would be tremendous from a digital portfolio perspective. The addition of drawing tools and functionality to Google Docs is a big leap forward.
Objects can be grouped and copied/pasted just like they can in a word processing draw document.
Hat tip to Patrick Thornton for alerting me to this new functionality.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Credly-powered Digital Badges for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2013
- Guidelines for Oklahoma ASR: Annual Statistical Report - 2011
- ARRA: Title I and IDEA in Oklahoma (April 2011 update) - 2011
- Advanced Placement Incentive Programs and Gifted Education Requirements in Oklahoma - 2011
- Iowa 1:1 Institute Presentation Resources - 2010
- Lessons Learned: Webcasting and Live Blogging a School Board Meeting - 2009
- Self-hosted WordPress Blog Updates - 2009
- Missing choices from the Dropout Summit Attendee Survey - 2009
- Connecting creativity, programming, and mobile learning - 2008
- links for 2008-04-06 - 2008