Misconceptions abound among educators regarding copyright inside and outside the classroom. What questions do YOU have about copyright that you’d like answered? Next week, on Tuesday evening, I’ll be connecting with a class at Columbus State University in Ohio via Wimba and discussing copyright issues and questions particularly as they pertain to education. This won’t be an open/public webinar, but I will record the session and share it subsequently as a free podcast.
If you have a question about copyright you’d like answered, please post it to the Google Moderator Series I’ve created on Copyright and Fair Use In Education. Once people have started to post questions there, you should also be able to virtually “vote” for other questions and make this into a crowdsourcing activity. If you don’t want to post a question there, you can also share it on this post as a comment. I’ll try to address submitted questions during the recorded session as well as here on the blog afterward.
Students attending this webinar have been asked to view my ITSC SlideShare/Slidecast “Copyright 101 for Educators” first, to provide background information and hopefully inspire them to ask good questions both before and during the webinar.
You can also find more resources on this topic on my wiki curriculum page “Copyright, Fair Use, Intellectual Property & for Educators.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lessons Learned with Website eBook eCommerce Continue (August 2018) - 2018
- Interview with Author & Screenswriter Rene Gutteridge - 2015
- A Case Study: How NOT to Set Up a WordPress Site - 2011
- Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator - 2010
- Why ALL Learners Need Laptops NOW! (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Proposed Fall Conference Sessions - 2009
- Believe in your students, colleagues, and believe in yourself - 2008
- Darfur Issues highlighted via a student-created Southpark style video - 2008
- Podcast277: A Conversation with Carol Anne McGuire - Imagineering the Ideal K-6 Classroom Learning Environment (Part 2) - 2008
- Copyright and recording full-length library books - 2008